Media Accreditation Now Open For 2019
Winner of the African Responsible Tourism Awards Most Sustainable Event Award in 2017, MTN Bushfire was also hailed in 2016 by CNN as one of the “7 African music festivals you really have to see,” and listed by BBC as a “Top African festival.”
More than a festival, MTN Bushfire is a living, breathing ecosystem deeply rooted in African soil, yet inclusive and welcoming to guests from all over the world. MTN Bushfire 2019 will continue to reflect the festival’s distinctly African ethos, with a strong focus on regional music, culture, and arts.
Journalists, photographers, videographers and bloggers from established and reputable media platforms are invited to apply for media accreditation for this year’s event taking place from May 24th – 26th 2019.
Accreditation is limited and applications are ONLY accepted via the link.
Applications for accreditation are open to authorized journalists, bloggers, photographers or videographers from the following:
- Recognised local, national, regional or international daily newspapers, wire and news services
- Recognised local, national, regional or international magazines
- Recognised local, national, regional or international radio and television stations and network
- Recognised local, national, regional or international blogs or websites
- Credentials are NOT allocated to freelance writers or photographers who are not commissioned by an accredited news organization to cover an event on their behalf (referring letter to accompany application).
- Application for accreditation does NOT secure accreditation. All successful applicants will be notified via email.
General Info –Accredited media personnel will receive tickets for the festivals but NOT for partners or guests. Media access does NOT enable access to backstage areas or other secure areas. A media centre will be designated, equipped with power and wireless internet.
Please Note: ONLY accredited media will be able to attend media press conferences, request interviews with artists, or to have access to the front and side of stage for photos and videos. Media accreditation is NOT transferable without written consent from MTN Bushfire Festival.
Media accreditation does NOT include ANY travel or accommodation unless specifically pre-arranged with MTN Bushfire Festival.