MTN BUSHFIRE 2019 SURVIVAL GUIDE
With just a week to go until MTN BUSHFIRE 2019, its time to get ready! Make sure you have your tickets secured before you arrive as tickets are already SOLD OUT and there will be NO tickets available at the gate. This applies to day tickets as well as full festival passes.
There will also be NO camping tickets available on site as these are also all completely SOLD OUT.
Also, remember that the official MTN Bushfire campsite Campsite Check In Desk opens at 11 on Thursday but closes at midnight and opens again on Friday at 9 until midnight on Saturday. We enourage you to get to the border early on Thursday and avoid the queues.
Getting to MTN Busfire
MTN BUSHFIRE is in the scenic Malkerns Valley at House on Fire, located about a 5 hour drive from Johannesburg, 23km from the capital city, Mbabane, and is a short 14km from Ezulwini.
Key in the following GPS coordinates- Elevation 756m – S 26’ 29.881 E031’ 13.110 to find us or using the Google Maps House on Fire coordinates.
Some reminders for everyone traveling to Ewatini– please remember that over 29,000 people attend MTN Bushfire, many of them coming from outside of Eswatini and the borders can be heavy with traffic.
Consider using one of the lower volume border posts such as the Sandlane / Nerston Border post, (althougth some of these may keep shorter hours than Golela and Oshoek), for more information visit our website or Swazi Tourism.
All of Eswatini’s border posts are open seven days a week, but if you are using the Oshoek border post it is highly recommended to plan to arrive in Eswatini on Thursday or early Friday as the border post has seen extremely long queues Friday afternoon and evening in previous years. Although the border post at Oshoek is open until midnight, we HIGHLY recommend getting there as early as possible on Friday.
You will require a passport to enter Eswatini, and please make sure you have checked the visa requirements: http://www.thekingdomofswaziland.com/pages/content/index.asp?PageID=22
SOUTH AFRICA REQUIRES ADDITIONAL PAPERWORK TO BRING MINORS ACROSS THE BORDER! PLEASE ENSURE UNABRIDGED BIRTH CERTIFICATES AND OTHER NECESSARY PAPERWORK IS SECURED BEFORE YOU LEAVE!
ATTENDEES MAY BE REQUIRED TO PRODUCE IDENTIFICATION TO ENTER THE EVENT – ONLY ORIGINAL ID BOOKS/CARDS, DRIVERS LICENCE CARDS & PASSPORTS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
MTN Bushfire also encourages all guests to support the #BRINGYOURFIRE call towards sustainability and reducing the festival’s carbon footprint. So here are some ways you can help to Green Your Fire!
– Please bring reusable bags; plastic bags and polystyrene or styrofoam containers are not allowed in.
– Bring unused clothing to donate to orphans and vulnerable children through the Young Heroes initiative. Donations will be accepted at the gate.
– Carpool or share rides to the festival to lessen your carbon footprint.
– Use the recyclables and non-recyclables bins correctly!
To further reduce our carbon footprint – this year the festival is PAPERLESS. To get all the performance starting times, the lastest festival info, park and ride schedules and more – guests are encouraged to download the MTN Bushfire Festival app available in the App Store and Google Play stores tht will be available from Tuesday, May 21st .
Once again, MTN Bushfire, including the campsite, will be cashless. Your access armband will enable you to charge up with cash or credit cards throughout the festival venue. ATM’s are available on festival grounds and accept Mastercard & VISA cards. To load your account prior to arriving at MTN Bushfire or for more information on charging and securing refunds after the festival please visit: howler.co.za
Another way to #BringYourFIre is to donate the leftover funds on your wristband.
Simply head to the main top up station, TAP OUT with boMake Rural Projects and help build resilient and thriving communities in Eswatini.
Open on Saturday & Sunday from 10am to 6pm, the MTN Bushfire’s Kidzone offers a safe and secure environment with 24 hour security and first-aid provided throughout the festival weekend. It is compulsory for all kids to be accompanied by parents into the zone and registered to make sure they are accounted for. No child is allowed in or out of the space without a wristband and all parents are compelled to provide their contact details upon entry, which will also be transferred onto the child’s festival wristband. There will be trained child minders assisting in looking after everyone in the kid zone, however parents are still responsible for their kids and are advised not to leave them for long periods unsupervised.
Park n Ride
If you are staying off site – please make sure you have a designated driver as drinking and driving is taken very seriously in Swaziland and road blocks are common. Don’t drink & drive Identify a designated, Watch your speed, Stay alert & arrive alive.
MTN Bushfire’s Park and Ride system, powered by Motor Vehicle Accident fund and Total, offers shuttles to and from the festival site and various pick-up/drop-off points. This system will commence on 26 May 2016 and run for the duration of the festival, operating along the Mbabane- Malkerns- Manzini corridor.
The pick-up points are:Mbabane (The Mall – outside Harvey World Travel), Ezulwini (The Gables – outside Spur) and Manzini (The Hub – outside SwaziNet) Shuttles will operate on an hourly basis to and from the festival, starting at 17:00 on Friday, running until 03:00. On Saturday, the service will run from 10:00 to 04:00 and on Sunday from 10:00 to 19:00. The cost of the shuttle is E20 per trip.
Some Do’s & Don’t’s
Remember to pack well – the days are hot but the nights can be chilly! Please also note that any bags brought into the event are subject to search upon entry
The following items are prohibited and will not be allowed into the venue.
- Food & Alcohol not allowed in main venue
- Weapons, explosives, firearms, Drones, Cooler boxes, glass bottles, aluminium cans, hazardous and breakable materials, fireworks, lasers, flashlights and anything else that can interfere with the artists
- Professional DSLR, recording devices, video equipment that have not been pre-approved
- At the artists’ request, all unauthorized recording will be prohibited. (Illegal filming and/or recording will result in legal actions.)
- No pets.
- No illegal drugs of any kind allowed in the festival or campsites. You will be prosecuted.
- Illegal items will be confiscated at the door.
- No camping gear of any kind will be allowed into the festival venue. Camping gear will only be allowed into the campsite with a valid camping ticket.
- Flags that are used to identify your group may be brought in, but discretion is advised when constructing or designing these items, as they may sometimes be considered dangerous.
- Tickets are not for resale. Anyone found selling tickets outside the festival entrance, parking lot or any festival property may be prosecuted.
- No refunds on tickets bought.
- Children under 12 need to be accompanied with an adult to enter the Golden Lounge.
- Please do not tamper with the lock on your wristband as it will make it tighter and possibly damage the wristband. We will not replace wristbands which have been tampered with by patrons.
- All Full Festival wristbands are valid for the duration of the festival. Please do not remove your wristband if you will be returning to the festival after exiting.
Click here to download MTN Bushfire festival Map
ABOUT MTN BUSHFIRE
Every year around 29,000 music fans from across the globe gather in the scenic Malkerns Valleys of eSwatini to experience the internationally acclaimed event. More than simply a music festival, MTN Bushfire is a holistic experience made up of a rich texture of arts, cultures, crafts, food and people, carefully curated into specialized zones, to create an explosive three-day event and a memorable take home, family–friendly experience.
Celebrated for its uniquely African yet global offering, the MTN Bushfire line-up will once again include some of Africa’s top artists as well as a host of artists from across the world.