Vacancy: Projects Officer
MTN Bushfire, winner of the African Responsible Tourism Awards “Best Responsible Event” in 2017, is an eclectic International Festival of The Arts, and named by the BBC as the “Top African Festival.”
Each year a multi-generational global community of over 31,000 “bring their fire” to the scenic Malkerns Valley of Eswatini, (formerly Swaziland,) to experience an eclectic Pan-African and international line-up of live music, theatre, poetry, film, dance and visual arts.
The Projects Officer will support the Bring Your Fire social responsibility projects leading up to Bushfire.
Bring Your Fire” is the festival’s inspiring call to action for social responsibility. Your Fire is your energy, your spirit, your passion, and your drive to make a difference. Bushfire’s “Bring Your Fire” mandate is defined by its commitment to nurturing the Kingdom of Eswatini’s arts and cultural scene, raising awareness and funds to tackle and raise awareness on the nation’s most pressing social needs, ranging from environmental issues, sexual health, arts education and more.
Responsibilities: including but not limited to:
Reporting to the Director, the PO will be responsible for the following:
- To monitor and facilitate the progress of the Projects Department:
- MTN Bushfire Schools’ Festivals
- Bring Your Fire Zone – (Main festival advocacy zone)
- Arts Round Table – (Arts Industry workshop)
- To create, implement and monitor Projects timelines, and to adjust them as needed;
- To consolidate Projects budgets and monitor expenditure;
- To work with Projects Department Staff in handing over projects to new comers, and adjusting departmental plans for maximum efficiency;
- To facilitate a positive and productive working environment. This involves:
- Weekly meetings
- Setting realistic goals for the week
- Constant goal and timeline assessment and re-evaluation
- Constant communication with the Director and Coordinator of the Festival
- To create and manage all marketing and communications materials (press releases, photographs etc.) for the Projects, and to pass these materials on to the relevant marketing and communications teams.
- A degree in Project Management or a related field and/or at least 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Good understanding of strategy, politics, social responsibility and positioning of messaging
- Excellent proposal writing and business development skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and siSwati
- Good understanding of Swati and regional context
- Good knowledge of communications, administrative, organizational and marketing tools and techniques, and other online platforms
- A positive and flexible attitude
- Professional, motivated and highly organised
- Proactive and able to work quickly and effectively
- Ability to work closely with others and in a team environment
- Comfortable working long hours and under stressful conditions (in the run-up to events)
Please submit your application (Motivational letter & CV) by Thursday 4th October 2018 to email@example.com with the subject heading “Projects Officer Application”. Only successful candidates will be contacted for interviews.